Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I had to call it something...

"I Hope This Helps You." 

It hit me this afternoon that would be a great name for a book or a blog.

Here's the blog. The book? We'll see.

The inspiration came as I was thinking about George and how much he'd helped me. For a few critical years George was my mentor. He used to listen to me ramble on about some struggle in my life and then he'd grab a memory or two of his experience that was relevant.

He didn't tell me what to do. He didn't talk theory or share what he'd read. He shared his own experience. It was helpful. Almost always, very helpful. 

George wanted to make sure I didn't mistake his sharing experience for advice. "You know the situation and all the little nuances. Take my experience as one factor, but you have to make up your own mind," he explained when we first started working together.

To remind me of the fact he was sharing experience and not giving advice, at the end of our sessions he'd almost always say,

"I hope this helped you, I know it helped me to share it."

That very much captures the reason for me creating this. It's for you, I really do I will be helpful to you when I share some part of my 68+ years of experience relative to your current struggle.

And I hope it does help me now, too.

I'll be setting this blog up so you can post your question as a comment, you can email me at John@JohnWren.com or call me at (303)861-1447.

I look forward to our conversation.

And maybe George does, too. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment